Friday, June 5, 2009

Blurblefuzz

Me feel goofy-brained.

We leave tomorrow. 

I just cleaned out the refrigerator. I went atomic on that fridge. Motherfuh sparkles. I should probably be doing actual things on my checklist instead. 

We took Tulip to Red Bud this morning and she swam farther than she's ever swum (swum? swammed? swimmied?). She's like a little dinghy in the water, with her slow motor hanging low. How I love this little animal. I told Papa Dog—let's stop with that charade already!—I told Tim that I didn't have it in me to ride with them to the dog camp in the morning. Don't worry Tulip! We'll come get you and there will be special fancy ridiculously expensive organic bacon chews for you to slobber over when we get home and we hereby promise that you will always get to go to Red Bud and take long walks at Turkey Creek and that it is as important to us that this baby be nice to you as it is for you to be nice to the baby. Tulip! You're my best friend!

I'll meet Ava Lende in about 65 hours, by my calculations. Not to sound like Keanu Reeves here, but all I gots to say about that is "Whoaaaa." Be patient with Mommy and Daddy. Forgive us when we end up covered in powdered rice cereal and poo and inside out onesies and you look over and see Mommy rocking in the corner nubbling a too-small diaper. We know not how it will feel to love so hard so fast so we may only speak in monosyllables the first couple days as we stare googly-eyed at you. Ava! You're my daughter! 

Filoli. Rooney. Julie. Mama Sweet Potato. Coffee Mom. Odom! Jaynes in the house. Little Ethiopians, pudgy Ethiopians, baby Ethiopians, adoptive Moms to Ethiopians and beyond. People! You're my community!

Onwards!

29 comments:

Kat & Stacy said...

safe travels...all our love goes with you... xoxo-Kat

filoli said...

Blurblefuzz indeed!

Indeed!

Go. Get. On. That. Plane.

Emily said...

Wow, what an exciting day. Congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful little daughter and your trip. Safe travels to you!

Gretchen said...

Words are hard to come by right now.

I wish I were there to send you off with tears of joy running down my cheeks. I would pick a theme song, put it on my jambox (hell ja!), and raise it above my head in the airport as you walked away (with the music blaring ever so loudly). Perhaps I would chant your name- but more likely than not, I would just let the music play.

Know how happy I am for you and yours- and that I simply CAN NOT WAIT to see you holding your light.

xoxoxoxoxo

Blog Shmog said...

Have a wonderful time! I'm so happy for you guys. :)

coffeemom said...

GO go go. Enjoy this rush....every moment. We are cheering you from here and unspeakably happy for you. Go.
Godspeed.
Love M

Calmil2 said...

Have a wonderful, amazing adventure...duh, of'course you will :) we'll be here when you get back.
Harmony

Julie said...

Ah Tulip, wish you lived closer! You could shack up with us. You, Ted and Moses could stay up all night and have a bitch session (tee hee bitch session) about how your little charmed lives are going to be a tad more crowded.

Mama Dog and her sweet Prince of a Tim..

Go Forth and Ava-fy.

Our hearts are with you.

Elisabeth said...

Wonderful! Enjoy and savor!!!!

ellen

los cazadores said...

Motherfuh sparkles - I can't believe you're leaving - Wow, Ava is a doll, the beauty of that child. Best of all to you and yours. May you have a wonderful trip.

Cindy

Tracy said...

Have an awesome, awesome trip and a wonderful time getting to know AVA!!!

Christine said...

I will be thinking of you finally getting to lay eyes on little Ava! How amazing, your scrumptuous little bun!! Safe travels there and back.

Christine

Anonymous said...

Congrats, best wishes, safe travels, etc, etc! Can't wait to see that precious peach in your arms!

hazel said...

Bon voyage!!

Ernessa T. Carter said...

Oh, SO excited for you and Ava. 65 hours! This is just too awesome. Super-Bon Voyage and safe travels!

mama becca said...

amazing... have the time of your life... !!!

msl said...

Safe and Joyous travels to your beautiful Ava!!

Ladybugs appear said...

Rock It.

Julia said...

and UPWARDS!

Words don't express my happiness for you and yours.

missy said...

wow. it's time! so happy for all of you...dogs included.

Adopting1Soon said...

Congrats and how exciting! I JUST went to a dogs and babies class and posted some pointers on my blog. Please stop by and take a glance... there was some stuff on there I didn't think was automatically intuitive. If you love your dog, please have a look and read up more at their website. too many terrbile accidents happen to good dogs and good babies... Not to totally burst your balloon! Have a great trip!!!

April said...

I can't wait!!! Only 30ish something hours now!

Lori said...

Ah! I didn't see this until you're gone. Crapo crap crap. You're maybe meeting Ava right now as I type this? Yes? Are you? Are you googly and wonky and wambly? I am touched by this post. You know we all want to converge on Austin when you get back, right?

Evelyn said...

Have a great trip!

Meredith said...

I'm thinking of you every second! XOXOXOXOXOX,
Meredith

K-Tuds said...

Are you alive?!!!!? we miss you guys already! We just got home and missing ethiopia already. I hope your flight went well we will be emailing soon!!!
katie

Sarah Saffian said...

Kristine Chin pointed me toward your gorgeous blog. So, so happy for you! Mazeltov and huzzah! xoxo

Kat & Stacy said...

Are you home yet? I'm hoping by random chance you took some pictures of my TWINS! That's right, the fairy dust that your meeting Ava created flew over to LA and we received a referral for 2 month old boy/girl TWINS. Katie O'brian was in ET w/ you and thought you might have pictures.

Take a deep breath, settle in w/ your daughter, get a good nights sleep (or 2 or 3) but when you have a moment I'd love if you could check for us... WELCOME HOME! xoxo-Kat

Gretchen said...

Okay. Here's my truth. I'm getting this close to quitting facebook. THIS CLOSE. So now I'm getting a bit bossy over here and begging, pleading, PLEASE don't just use facebook to post all your beautiful pictures and updates!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.

I have been trying for 20 minutes to upload that first family picture of yours and that bastard facebook right out denies me. I CAN'T TAKE IT!!!!

Also? Welcome home! YOUR FAMILY IS GORGEOUS!!!